Friday, February 20, 2009

Phases of my Sorrow

Home.....a place where I should be
feeling the presence of my family
the most perfect thing I ever dreamed of
this was taken away from me

Love.....the innermost feeling I have in me
In my experience of all that is real
exploring the miracle that it might bring
this instead would put me to blame

Friends.....special persons I adored
but inspite of the goodness they had shown
I dwelt particularly on their faults
now they seem have left me alone

Hatred.....something I never wanted to feel
but now most people seem to be false
regretting the loss of all I held dear
this is a burden I know I must bear

Life.....the greatest gift I've ever received
to be cared for and cultivated as best I can
to be learned from much more than is usual
-yet destiny forbids it to be this way

Death.....an event set naturally on time
all leave this world unfortunate or not
gaining an escape from suffocating reality
This, I think is a good remedy

It somehow will end
My phases of sorrow.....

No comments: