Friday, March 28, 2025

Fading Into Never

I was born unchained,
bathed in warmth,
wrapped in love,
woven with purpose—so they said.

I was given hands to build,
a heart to feel,
a voice to be heard,
a soul to matter.

And I believed it.

I ran toward life with open arms,
drank from its cup,
danced in its fleeting light,
and begged the world to let me stay.

I climbed toward dreams that once burned in the sky,
stars I swore were meant for me,
only to have them dim at my touch,
turning to ash between my fingers.

I asked for nothing but love,
offered everything in return—
but love was a mirage,
a whisper that vanished before it ever reached me.

Then the world turned—
sinking its claws into my flesh,
splintering my bones,
tearing the light from my hands.

I screamed, but the echoes never returned.
I reached, but the hands I held let go.
I loved, but love never stayed.

So here I stand, hollowed out,
a body without warmth,
a name without meaning,
a soul too tired to beg for more.

They say fate is cruel,
but maybe fate was never mine to shape.
Maybe I was always meant to break.

So let "goodbye" be my final rebellion,
let the weight slip from my bones,
let the silence welcome me home—
for only the dark has never left me.

No comments: